Salary/Rate:$52,000 - $58,240 per year
Business Sector:Machine Shop
Post Date:October 02, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Lathe Turn Lead in East Hartford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a CNC Lathe Turn Lead your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We are seeking an experienced CNC Lathe Turn Lead to join our team.
This role will direct the activities of the Lathe/Turning team members and will be responsible for scheduling their daily work for and meeting weekly production KPI’s (metrics). This position will report to the Manufacturing Manager, but will interface with other functions, including Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Shipping/Receiving/Materials.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead the Lathe/Turning team, mentor and motivate team members, ensuring individual and group productivity.
- Perform hands-on setup and operation of machines.
- Measure and monitor the performance of the Lathe/Turning team. Complete performance evaluation in partnership with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Coach and train teammates on Lathe/Turning manufacturing’s best practices.
- Monitor and correct Epicor punches daily.
- Accurate punch times and quantities.
- Validate and be accountable to production KPI’s on routers.
- Monitor and Schedule daily work through Production boards and daily department lists.
- Monitor production flow, use data indicators to schedule workload, ensuring output meets customer timelines.
- Maintain and improve production efficiency, initiate, and implement continuous improvement projects, train team members, and work with manufacturing engineering to implement new processes.
- Troubleshoot the work of your team members.
- Assume responsibility for quality output from team as a participant in administering the company’s Quality Management System.
- Implement lean manufacturing practices.
- Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent and timely information.
- Coordinate time-off requests with Manufacturing Manager to ensure adequate staffing to meet production needs.
- Notifies Production Control or Supervisor of any parts shortages or machining problems/difficulties.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a team leader or hands-on manufacturing supervisor.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in fast paced, highly precision, contract manufacturing operation.
- Proven supervisory, verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Time management, scheduling, and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high-quality standards.
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Outlook, and Excel)
- ERP experience (e.g. Epicor) is a plus.
- CAM Programming skills are a plus.
Duration: Direct hire
Location: East Hartford, CT
Salary: open depending on experience