Salary/Rate:$0 - $45,000 per year
Post Date:November 14, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Specialist in North Haven, CT. Your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: As an integral part of product development the Eng. Specialist provides technical applied support to engineering programs, processes, and product development. Conducts and ensures accuracy of research and tests of component parts, processes, or systems.
- Collaborating in a team environment performs routine design and supports development of assigned products (e.g., new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems) by applying as directed basic engineering principles.
- Completes defined technical tasks. Develops reports and documentation in response to technical information requests.
- Conducts routine analyses and/or tests to evaluate product designs, methods, materials, or processes and completes required technical documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals as required.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering and design review teams. Consistently applies established engineering defined practices, standards, and documentation methods. Contributes to supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
- Adopts lean product development and standard engineering development and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in an engineering or science technical support role. Significant related certifications and/or concentrated training is required.
- Significant industry experience in a technical role.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical/electrical or software principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of related products, customer applications, and related legal/regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience using basic engineering design and analysis tools (e.g., computer-aided design programs). Learns and utilizes specialized engineering databases; may require programming skills.
- Develops familiarity with products and customer specifications and standards applicable to assigned product line or system.
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders] or have refugee or asylee status).
Location: North Haven, CT.
Duration: Direct Hire with Benefits Full Time on site.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations, and any references.