Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Help Desk Technician in Yonkers, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Help Desk your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The role of the Help Desk Technician is to assist employees and visitors who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products, or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the Help Desk Technician is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
The Help Desk Technician supports installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and network hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that Network (LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet systems), system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and IT vision enabling employees to effectively conduct business with each other, customer and/or vendor.
This individual supports the following systems and networks: Core LAN (Main Switches to each consolidation points), Subdivision LAN (Consolidation points to endpoint connectors), WAN (Intercompany WAN), Internet, all critical and non-critical Windows and Linux systems that support infrastructure including those of satellite offices and locations; iSeries and iSeries related devices such as SAN storage. Responsibilities on these systems include operations and support.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
• Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Information Technology staff members, teams, and their services to employees and visitors.
• Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching, or instructing employees regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with company provided equipment.
• Determines the most effective manner to resolve employee's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with full-time staff when necessary.
• Records required employee and problem information in SAP Network Request. Updates requests with appropriate entries of activities and closes requests with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
• Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
• Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
• Works on Help Desk related projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and up-to-date documentation according to MIS documentation standards and policies.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards and procedure.
• Recommend secure, cost effective, innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Collaborate with security administrator on any special assignment, implementation and monitoring of systems and network in the light of security related inquiry.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Periodical rounding for necessary security patching and local computer configuration.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operation, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• This individual will execute, test and roll-out the solution.
Duration: Temp open-ended Contract.
Location: Yonkers, NY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.