Salary/Rate:$62,400 - $72,800 per year
Post Date:October 02, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Lead Quality Inspector in East Hartford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Lead/Supervisor Quality Inspector your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to The Lead Quality Inspector will have 4-6 reports and is a working Senior DQR Inspector that has additional supervisory responsibilities. Typical Lead responsibilities include managing the day-to-day priorities for the inspection team and helping with onboarding, training, and motivating the team to hit goals and objectives. As a working lead, this role will also perform complete FAIs and perform over-inspection as a DQR.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coach and train teammates on inspection best practices.
- Motivate team to meet daily and monthly goals and objectives.
- Coordinate time-off requests with Quality Manager to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet production needs.
- Measure and monitor performance of inspection team. Complete performance evaluations in partnership with Quality Manager.
- Partner with production control to stage daily and weekly priorities. Ensure jobs are completed on time, and productivity is sustained.
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve nonconformance, specification interpretation, or job completion issues in real-time.
- Collaborate with engineering, purchasing, production and sales teams to drive open issues to rapid closure.
- When needed, author work instructions and procedures to align with QMS systems and/or training needs of team.
- Complete First Article Inspection (FAI) package per customer requirements. Upload data into customer portals.
- Perform over-inspection and DQR product release in customer portal for shipments.
- Process non-conformance (NC) and discrepancy material (DMR) transactions in manufacturing software system (EPICOR).
- Minimum of 7 years progressive career in quality control and inspection of machined components in the aerospace industry.
- Previously held a customer DSQR/DQR certification for aerospace OEM customers such as GE Aviation, Collins Aerospace or Pratt & Whitney Aircraft or others.
- Experience leading and managing a small team toward common goals. An effective communicator that can build rapport with a diverse team.
- A willingness to take accountability for self and team, drive results and work with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced experience in layout, inspection, and use of common hand tools and measuring equipment for small precision machined components such as micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, height gages, v-blocks, bore gages, etc., to accurately and repeatably measure tight tolerance less than 0.0001”.
- Strong understanding of First Article Inspection (FAI) process, standards, and requirements.
- Strong computer skills especially related to navigating ERP systems, job clocking systems, FAI software, measuring equipment, digital gaging, customer portal, and quality systems databases.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: East Hartford, CT
- Salary: open depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.