Salary/Rate:$105,000 - $115,000 per year
Business Sector:Mechanical Engineers
Post Date:November 20, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Direct and coordinate the projects and activities for the Maintenance and Project Engineering function.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of annual capital spending plans and regularly monitor the costs and progression of all maintenance and engineering projects.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of maintenance and engineering projects, i.e. the development of a project scope statement, the development of the engineering design, the design review process, project construction, initial startup and testing, training of operating and maintenance personnel in the operation and maintenance of the system and post project evaluation (Capital Best Practices).
- Evaluate process operations, make recommendations and proposals to adapt or install equipment and processes to improve reliability, productivity and reduce maintenance costs. All work shall follow allnex’s front end loading guidelines, capital best practices, allnex engineering specifications, Resins plant practices and OSHA regulations.
- Prepare cost estimates and capital requests from design specifications. Estimates include the following elements: design engineering and drafting, material cost, installation labor, installation supervision, start-up expenses, project management and project specific costs.
- Coordinate and/or supervise drafting and engineering work required to prepare project design, construction and installation drawings; prepare equipment specification; purchase material; prepare and issue contract specification; schedule, coordinate and supervise construction and installation; schedule and coordinate start-up activities.
3-5 years of experience.
Ability to work in team comprised of technical, production and maintenance personnel.
Experience working/managing in a Union environment is a plus
Bachelor's or master's degree in chemical/mechanical engineering or related field preferred.
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: (depending on experience)
Shift: Hours are usually from 630/7am to 4pm.
They will need to work weekends occasionally for coverage.
Every shutdown July-August closer to 10 hour
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.