Salary/Rate:$110,000 - $125,000 per year
Post Date:October 03, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Accounting for a client in Shelton, CT.
CPA required (if licensed, must be a member in good standing with AICPA).
Skills and Essential Duties:
- Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels.
- Develops and is accountable for the assignment work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved.
- In consultation with partners and senior managers, helps develop solutions for clients and manages the implementation of ideas.
- Advises, coaches and supports team members including providing consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
- Structures work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
- Works in consultation with assignment leaders to anticipate project issues, assess alternatives and take appropriate measure to resolve assignment issues.
- Prepares complex personal and corporate tax returns.
- Performs complex A&A and Tax research.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted auditing standards, common audit procedures and techniques and accounting and review services standards.
- Manages the assignment budget and profitability in area of responsibility.
- Leverages commercial and market knowledge to anticipate client needs for new/additional services.
- Supports the partner in the development and planning of practice objectives and budgets.
- Development of functional specialization and/or industry expertise.
- May assist with recruitment and training of other A&A and tax personnel.
- Actively pursues self-development opportunities in line with the competency model.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referrals.
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations. Continues to develop industry expertise.
- Prepares and participates in staff performance evaluations.
- Maintains a knowledge of general economic and political trends, and, of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Eight to ten years of experience in public accounting with demonstrated mastery of accounting and auditing principles and/or tax principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required (if licensed, must be a member in good standing with AICPA).
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business new business or cross-selling services.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong team management skills - the ability to lead, motivate and coach teams of people.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Shelton, CT
Pay Rate: $110K-125K/year
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities