Salary/Rate:$75,000 - $100,000 per year
Business Sector:Mechanical Engineers
Post Date:September 21, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in North Haven, CT
As a Manufacturing Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Evaluates moderately complex manufacturing processes by conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians.
- Develops moderately complex manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; and conferring with equipment suppliers.
- Prepares written and graphical work instructions for the communication of manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- May be assigned to special projects for a variety of products and processes.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures process control and reliability for assigned areas.
- Coordinates input and recommendations and implements changes that may cross multiple teams or areas.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor standards, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements. May serve as liaison to supplier base.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Presents findings and underlying rationale to team, supplier, or customer.
- May maintain product and process database by writing computer programs, travelers, operation sheets, and entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements (e.g., environmental, safety, etc.) by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) or Mechanical Engineering (ASME) certification desired.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: North Haven, CT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.