Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician in Guilford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will be able to operate and maintain specialized processing equipment in a clean / dry room environment to formulate, fabricate finished products and the parts that go into in vitro diagnostic reagent kits. You will use tools, small production. equipment, and your hands to keep output high without compromising safety or quality under standard manufacturing processes and cGMP compliance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete process work instructions (Batch Records Use of manufacturing equipment).
- Operate production equipment such as pipettes, balances, pneumatic equipment, and heat sealers.
- Assist in troubleshooting process issues.
- Actively support and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in training/ leading of new team members in production activities.
- Working in a cleanroom environment using personal protective equipment (gloved, gowns, booties, Cap, safety glasses)
- Clean and sanitize manufacturing and associated support areas.
- Work in a regulated environment.
- Recommend solutions to assembly problems regarding fixtures and tools.
- Seek guidance, as necessary, from supervisor on production issues.
- Manually clean equipment and perform preventative maintenance.
- Contribute written documentation, including test plans and work instructions.
- Assist in updating and new revision of standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Manage laboratory consumables and supplies and inventory of project-related materials.
- Implementation and teaching of good lab procedures.
- Work in cleanroom and dry room (controlled, lower humidity) laboratories.
- Must possess a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) certification, associate degree, bachelor’s degree, OR equivalent military training.
- In lieu of the education requirements, we are also interested in experienced candidates with 1 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Comfortable using software tools for communication and data collection [i.e., spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, google drive]
- Experience following work instructions and testing procedures for product Manufacturing.
- Experience using QC inspection tools and performing first article inspections.
Ideally, you also have some of these skills, experiences, and attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Mechanical design software experience:
- Reading mechanical drawings
- BOM management and product lifecycle management tools, such as PDM and Propel
- PCBA manufacturing experience:
- Use soldering irons, solder pots, and hand tools to perform re-work.
- Familiarity with any of the following tools:
- QC inspection tools
Duration: Contract 6 months Temp to Perm – This will go permanent.
Location: Guilford, CT
Salary: Depending on skills & experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.