Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Material Control Attendant in Yonkers, NY.
As a Materials Control Attendant our day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Using written work procedures, engineering drawings, and verbal and written instructions, performs material control functions such as kiting, tracking, and moving material.
- Has proficiency in at least five (5) Material Control functions as identified below.
- Picks parts identified on kit lists and assembles them into kits with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, and attention to detail.
- Efficiently assembles multiple kits from kit lists.
- Warehousing: Performs all warehousing functions, including shipping and receiving functions, with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, attention to detail and careful documentation.
- Maintains shelf locations by cycle counts as prescribed by written work procedures.
- Picks parts from the warehouse while maintaining orderly and good housekeeping habits.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the Company’s computer inventory system to perform routine tasks of verifying inventory, researching transactions, transfers, issues and receipts.
- Problem solving:
- Effectively researches problems and reconciles discrepancies. Makes clear and accurate reports of findings.
- Production Support:
- Understands the production process and efficiently services and expedites material for production.
- Identifies, notifies, and tracks shortages and lost or damaged materials.
Stacking Crane Operation:
- Operates forklift vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. Performs material movement of all sizes of material. Loads and unloads trailer trucks and containers.
- Overhead Crane Operation: Operates cab and pendant cranes efficiently with high degree of safety.
- Forklift Operation: Operates forklift vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs material movement of all sizes of material. Loads and unloads trailer trucks and containers.
Must have at minimum, three (3) years of work experience in a material control, stockroom, or related capacity, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Must know how to use a tape measure, hammer and nails, and other hand tools. Must read, write, and speak English.
Must be proficient in English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified period.
Must know basic arithmetical computation and have excellent counting skills.
Must be capable of working in an active manufacturing environment, be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to lift, push or pull at minimum 40 pounds.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Yonkers
- Salary: 17hr.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.