Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Production Manager in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Lead production units to ensure safe manufacture and shipment of products, in full compliance with regulatory/corporate standards and in support of business unit initiatives. Develop and implement strategies to provide business units with the most competitive unit costs and service profile for the market(s) served.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner that ensures the safety of plant employees and the community, while also delivering the business plans.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are in compliance with federal, local regulations, site standards and are conducted in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the operating budget and related manufacturing plans aligned with the Business Unit’s strategies.
- Champions QMS, S&OP, TRP/PPP, and continuous improvement processes.
- Determines staffing of function in line with operating plans and budgets
- Involved in managing Union relations.
- Ensure that manufacturing operations meet schedules driven by customer requirements and business needs.
- Must be able to LEAD transformational change of operating organization. This includes installing business process measurement systems, work process improvements, LEAN and cycle time improvement processes, Process Optimization, Yield and energy improvements, workforce engagement/focus, identifying and deploying workforce training programs, developing supervisory leadership.
- Successfully integrate Process Information, Automation and Asset utilization systems into manufacturing work processes and operational discipline
- Streamline all operational work processes to reduce/eliminate waste at all levels
- Develop multi-year manufacturing strategy and execution plans for site operations
- Lead batch production operations in daily activities while ensuring safe, efficient, and cost effective operations
- Apply the Corporate Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and implement effective affirmative action to assist the Company in the attainment of goals and objectives.
- Support and comply with all requirements of WL Management Systems.
Education (describe level of education for this position indicating if it is Required or Preferred
(e.g., Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree, Ph.D., Law)
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical degree
(type and length of experience)
- 5-10 years progressive experience in manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of TQM and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience working/managing in a Union environment.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: Depending on Experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.