Job type:Contract to Perm
Salary/Rate:$30 - $34 per hour
Post Date:October 26, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Specialist in Yonkers, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Purchasing and delivery coordination for Purchasing procurement items, fabrication
items and raw materials might be required.
- This position is responsible for purchasing items, including fabrication, raw material and coordinating delivery schedules, which include, but are not limited to:
- Issuing request for Quotations
- Negotiating price, delivery, and quality
- Preparing comparison sheet in price, delivery, and quality
- Vendor evaluation/selection
- Making price and delivery control sheet
- Expediting material delivery to meet KRC/KHI/KMM production schedules.
- Coordinating FAI or PSI, etc., together with QA Department
- Monitoring receipt of incoming materials
- Issuing Purchase Order by using company computer system(s)
- Monitoring and reviewing invoices prior to report to upper management of Purchasing Department
- Investigating discrepancies between invoices and receiving reports
- Disposal of rejected/damaged/shortage material.
- Interface between Purchasing Department and other departments
- Participates in monitoring the movement of routine and/or semi-complex materials.
- through the order processing, production, purchasing, ship, and delivery cycle.
- Determines realistic shipping schedules.
- Coordinates inbound and outbound truck shipments.
- Prepares and maintains basic reports.
- Analyzes supplier capability.
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex.
- Works effectively with managers, supervisors, and employees to facilitate clear communication among all departments.
- Performs Data Entry.
- Files and maintains accurate records/documents for the department.
- Prepares payment requests.
- Understands and executes SAP system transactions to achieve manufacturing plants material availability requirements.
- Must have more than three (3) years’ experience in railroad or equivalent industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing processes and be able to read and understand engineering design drawings.
- Must have strong and problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work with others, function as part of a team and maintain good.
- working relationship with other departments. Customer oriented.
- Must have good computer skills and be able to work with EXCEL, WORD, company computer system(s), etc.
- Must be able to competently work in SAP in regard to understanding MRP system demand requirements, i.e.: assess the current situation.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Yonkers, NY.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.