Salary/Rate:$120,000 - $130,000 per year
Business Sector:Other Area(s)
Post Date:November 13, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Sales Manager for a chemical company in Fairfield County, CT.
Remote with some travel.
Own the Sales Funnel
- Participate in developing and creating a marketing strategy to produce demand
for our Products.
- Gather market information to provide fact-based input for strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Identify potential prospects within our markets
- Solicit sales/product opportunities from prospective customers through hands-on
- Manage sales process, from initial contact to customer onboarding; coordinating activities between prospective customers and company internal departments
- Partner with Product Owners to provide customer insight into product quality, assist
with new product development, and build product features, benefits, and comparison
- Maintain technical knowledge of our products and markets to communicate with customers and
- Determine pricing strategy taking into account customer willingness to pay, industry
trends, and operational cost limitations
- Collaborate with the R&D team to identify opportunities.
- Participate in industry forums and trade show events.
- Invest in thought leadership (e.g., create market-specific technical resources).
- Review industry and competitor news to formulate future growth strategies
- Create detailed account plans for existing customers
- Establish and foster relationships with key contacts with existing and potential customers
- Develop plan to grow sales revenue within existing portfolios (customers and markets)
- Select and manage distributor and manufacturer’s rep partners
- Develop and maintain a prospect list with product commercialization dates, revenue projections, and confidence/risk levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely contact and sales pipeline information.
- Establish a sales operations process to track a deal from unqualified prospect to commercialized product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years chemical industry sales experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the Specialty Chemical market
- Expertise in a least one of the following markets preferred: dental composites, personal care, semi-conductor/printed circuit board, UV curable coatings, printing/packaging, or authentication
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn a new market
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using a CRM
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
- A self-starter with a high degree of organization and self-motivation and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Possesses polished presentation and interpersonal skills with top level business management and facilitation skills
- Experience with leveraging social media platforms and technical resources to raise awareness of our products and to keep abreast of industry developments/opportunities.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Pay: $120-130K plus 20% bonus