Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for a client in New Haven, CT(Hybrid)(1 or 2 days onsite).
Responsible for accounting for worldwide insurance operations, Canadian insurance operations, investment management companies, charitable 501(c) (3), or a combination thereof. Controls general ledger (G/L) activity and monthly closings. Monitors account reconciliations. Prepares or oversees preparation of various monthly and quarterly management accounts and supporting schedules. Assists with preparation of Quarterly and Annual statements and audited financial statements and accompanying footnotes, as needed. Assists with preparation of year-end schedules for external audit and appropriate year end surveys as required by rating agencies and associations. Demonstrates an advanced capability to work with accounting standards.
- Controls general ledger activity and closing of general ledger each month, including insurance operations, investment management entities, and charitable entities (U.S. 501(c) (3) and Canadian Not-for-Profit entities).
- Oversees monitoring of monthly account reconciliations prepared by business areas.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of depreciation, expense account analysis and allocation schedules.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and annual statements using SAP S/4 Hanna, and annual audited financial statements and accompanying footnotes, as needed.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, or year-end schedules, as requested by management, external auditor, and various year-end surveys.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexibility and Ability to Adapt to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
Aspires to develop competencies in: Strategic Planning, Talent Development, and Leadership
- Substantial and demonstrable financial skills to be used in financial analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to support multi-tasking
- Strong oral, listening and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment
- Exposure to large-scale enterprise, financial systems (e.g. SAP)
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS in Accounting
- 4-6 years industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience; insurance finance experience preferred.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: New Haven, CT Hybrid
Pay Rate: $85400-113150K