Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Supervising Senior Accountant Financial Reporting for a client in New Haven, CT. Hybrid schedule - prefer on site 1 day, but open to the tri-state area where the employee can come on site occasionally
Responsibilities include accounting for worldwide insurance operations, Canadian insurance operations, investment management companies, charitable 501(c) (3), or a combination thereof. Controls general ledger (G/L) activity and monthly closings. Monitors account reconciliations. Prepares or oversees preparation of various monthly and quarterly management accounts and supporting schedules, including budget vs actual financial statements. Assists with preparation of Quarterly and Annual statements. Prepares or oversees preparation of audited financial statements and accompanying footnotes. Assists with preparation of year-end schedules for external audit and appropriate year end surveys as required by rating agencies and associations. Supervises accounting tasks performed by the Senior Accountant and Accountant. Demonstrates an advanced capability to work with accounting standards.
- Controls general ledger activity and closing of general ledger each month, including insurance operations, investment management entities, and charitable entities (U.S. 501(c) (3) and Canadian Not-for-Profit entities).
- Identifies and analyzes unusual and significant fluctuations of account activity.
- Prepares quarterly and annual statements using SAP S/4 Hana and/or Workpaper Manager (WPM).
- Prepares annual audited financial statements and accompanying footnotes.
- Supervises work of Senior Accountant(s) and Accountant(s) and provides training and education on job responsibilities and business operations.
- Oversees monitoring of monthly account reconciliations prepared by business areas.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of depreciation, expense account analysis and allocation schedules.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, or year-end schedules, as requested by management, external auditor, and various year-end surveys.
- Substantial and demonstrable financial skills to be used in financial analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to support multi-tasking
- Supervisory skills or ability
- Strong oral, listening and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment
- Exposure to large-scale enterprise, financial systems (e.g. SAP)
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS in Accounting
- 4-6 years insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience; insurance finance experience preferred.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: New Haven, CT Hybrid schedule - prefer on site 1 day, but open to the tri-state area where the employee can come on site occasionally
Pay Rate: $90-120K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities