Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor Accountant for a client in Shelton, CT.
Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam. Or, has been appropriately exempted from this requirement by the partners.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Supervisor develops budgets and leads staff and senior accountants to accomplish objectives timely by instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing the work done, and directing necessary revisions. He/she will make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting, auditing and tax matters and requires the ability to coordinate and coach a team with demonstrated technical, client service, supervision, marketing, and administrative skills.
Manager, Senior Manager and Partner
Key Success Factors:
- Business acumen.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate and coach a team.
- Participate in firm wide initiatives.
- Interest in business and commercial affairs as well as civic and/or professional organizations.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ approach.
- Demonstrate a proven competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meet time constraints and client deadlines by establishing work schedules for self and team members through effective use of project management techniques, supervision and coaching.
- Participate in planning and develop schedules of client engagements.
- Identify and address risk management issues.
- Perform the broadest range of accounting and tax tasks so that direct participation of manager, senior manager and partner is kept to a minimum.
- Provide consistent recognition and encouragement to team members and set an example by demonstrating high energy and ethical values.
- Perform detailed review of team’s work to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
- Actively supports firm initiatives.
- Identifies client’s needs/opportunities in order to sell/cross-sell value added products and services.
- Advises, coaches and supports team members including providing consistent recognition and encouragement to team members to increase retention and utilization.
- Successfully builds, directs and maintains a motivated and empowered work team.
- Structures work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
- Anticipates project and budget issues, assesses alternatives and takes appropriate measures to resolve assignment issues.
- Prepares complex personal and corporate tax returns.
- Performs complex A&A and Tax research.
- Leverages commercial and market knowledge to anticipate client needs for new/additional services.
- Development of functional specialization and/or industry expertise.
- Builds strong coaching skills.
- Shares and transfers knowledge in the team.
- May assist with recruitment and training of other A&A and tax personnel.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referrals.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or master’s degree in accounting or equivalent professional work experience as accepted by the partners.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam. Or, has been appropriately exempted from this requirement by the partners.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Team management skills – the ability to coach, motivate and direct a team of people.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in delivery of quality client service.
- A strong knowledge of firm products and services.
- A developed understanding of market trends (including opportunities), global and local business initiatives and stakeholder/competitor interests.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Shelton, CT
Pay Rate: $90K-$105K/year
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities