12 Month Contract Role in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
We’re looking for a leader with a passion to drive growth. The role is a combined Assistant CD Operations/ Customer Service Manager to support the network establishment and execution of supply initiated through Unilever International where the Americas is the receiving unit of supply via Unilever Asia Pacific Limited (UAPL). This Assistant Manager is to work with the UAPL (Singapore)/ Americas Customer Service and Logistics organization to enable best in class service to all white space customers and distributors. This Assistant Manager will liaison with UAPL CS in the development of customer service reporting, loss code analysis, continuous improvement initiatives & execution of order delivery.
Assistant CD Operations Manager is responsible to run smooth and effective back end operations to support business development team & customers. The key deliverable is to implement & drive CD operational processes & system with the coordination of support functions (SC & finance etc.), thus enabling business development teams to focus on core selling & business development roles.
The role should be seen as “Nerve Centre” for business unit for ensuring smooth back end support for day to day operations, delivery of Business Unit targets & seamless projects execution on time.
Operational Planning/ Target Delivery
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient BU operations.
- Act as a liaison/partner between the BDM team and other internal business Partners (SC, finance, legal etc.)
- Monitor sale targets against plan and recommend action plans to re-establish performance objectives in line with agreed targets.
- Responsible for overall coordination of NA and Latam & Pacific clusters day to day CD operations including submission of IOP targets, order cycle management and forecasting process alignment with demand planning team
- Implement timelines for submission of sales forecast, ensure accuracy of data to facilitate efficient order fulfilment by SC
- Understand customer management strategy in relation to Supply Chain & finance improvement initiatives
- Follow up with BDM team on account receivable (AR) related issues
Trading Term Management
- Follow up to ensure timely accrual of all Trading Terms in the system by BDMs;
- Ensure proper tracking of trading terms / promotion --? budget vs actual by BDMs/ Finance.
Gate keeper for NPD process;
- Coordinate & drive NPD projects rollout
- Support project core team to remove all bottlenecks to deliver projects on time
Data Collection & Reporting
- Provide support for KPI monitoring reporting, maintain information database for BU
- Maintain information database for business unit: primary and secondary sales, distributors stocks, customer orders, case fill reports by territories/ customers.
Customer Service - Americas SC execution as a receiving unit:
- Liaison with UAPL CSA’s to ensure order-to-cash process is managed efficiently.
- Supply-Chain lead in capturing risks, opportunities & deliveries in monthly sales objectives.
- Partner with quality to conduct RCA’s with manufacturing plants/DC’s on issues.
- Link supply and demand planning activities with cluster international logistics teams, cluster customer service teams and third-party order management teams (Cap Gemini)
- Liaison with UAPL Customer Service teams to execute best in class service.
- Deliver SC KPI to Target. e.g.: Dispatch Rate, CCFOT, Stock Levels, Cost.
- Connect with cluster Unilever International Supply and Innovation Planners to provide flawless innovation post-launch execution.
- Lead SC activities with key customers during JBP (Joint Business Planning) to provide strategies to further develop customer performance.