Englewood, United States
7 months ago
Supply Chain SMOG Analyst
Background & Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to develop and lead projects and strategies pertaining to the reduction and prevention of SMOG (Slow Moving and Obsolete Goods) from the current inventory within the North America Unilever portfolio. This role will support all categories across the business within the divisions of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, Foods & Beverage and Ice Cream for both the base business and Mergers and Acquisitions. This is a highly visible role as it pertains to the overall management of the North American P&L (Profits and Loss statement) and will interact with different leadership levels throughout Supply Chain and Customer Development. This role will be responsible for delivering results through coming up with a unique and creative end-to-end flow on 1. How supply chain can develop better programs and prevent the creation of SMOG (close the faucet) and 2. How Customer Development can develop a faster and more effective exit strategy and network to provide a more lean inventory balance (empty the tank).
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
• Partner and lead supply chain teams in the prevention techniques surrounding SMOG with focus on key areas such as but not limited to: MOQ reduction across factories and 3rd Parties, Innovation review & exit strategies, preventing excess production and challenging a make vs. move network.
• Work with Logistics in the management and execution of SMOG movements throughout the network to service the key customers in the SMOG channel.
• Lead the management of key customer accounts ranging from Emerging to Grocery to eCommerce to International and Liquidation channel customers from a Supply Chain focus.
• Oversee the expansion of a new state-of-art initiative platform (BSTOCK) as we look to introduce across the full Unilever network ranging from Ambient to Frozen distribution centers.
• Prepare and own master lists for total SMOB to be shared and provided with CCBT leadership across all divisions of the North American business.
• Partner with Supply/Customer Development finance to protect the P&L pertaining to trade and provisions management surrounding SMOG actions.
• You’re a born leader: You will have the opportunity to lead meetings with Supply Chain leadership members to help them see the problem at hand from different lens.
• You’re a dot connector: You will work with multiple functions of supply chain (innovation, supply, demand, and logistics) to help understand the why and the how behind attacking SMOG upfront.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will have the opportunity to partner with others as you set out to tackle perhaps the biggest problem in today’s Supply Chain.
• You’re a changemaker: You influence team members to develop creative solutions when things go off-course, resulting in a different way to execute and prevent SMOG in today’s Supply Chain.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply chain, Finance, Engineering preferred)
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or related field preferred
• Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP software a plus
• Preferred candidate will have strong communication skills and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, PowerBI
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills a must for problem solving