Englewood, United States
almost 3 years ago
North America Supply Chain Business Waste Analyst
Background & Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to develop and lead projects and strategies pertaining to the reduction and prevention of Business Waste within the North American Supply Chain for Unilever. This role will support all categories across the business within the divisions of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, Foods & Beverage and Ice Cream for both the base business and Mergers and Acquisitions. This is a highly visible role as it pertains to the overall management of the North American P&L (Profits and Loss statement) and will interact with different leadership levels throughout Supply Chain and Finance. This role will be responsible for delivering results through coming up with a unique and creative end-to-end flow on 1. What is driving waste within each function (Planning, Quality, Logistics) 2. Leading the effort(s) in waste inventory management (write offs, expired product, warehouse capacity) 3. Providing waste forecasts for year to go to drive mitigations across functions.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
• Partner and lead supply chain teams in the prevention techniques surrounding Business Waste with focus on transition management within the North American portfolio.
• Work with Logistics in the management and execution of Expired product to ensure that we are keeping a healthy score card of active vs. inactive inventory and cleansing our distribution centers.
• Participate in waste-reduction workshops with all categories to come up with focus areas in Quality, Planning and Logistics surrounding attacking the Business Waste.
• Partner with finance to track and drive actions through the provision of waste into the P&L.
• Engage the business in proposing a robust and structural business waste strategy for all of Supply Chain.
• Partner with 3PMs to start driving waste accountability within 3rd parties that are currently set up as Turnkey.
• You’re a born leader: You will have the opportunity to lead meetings with Supply Chain leadership members to help them see the problem at hand from different lens.
• You’re a dot connector: You will work with multiple functions of supply chain (innovation, supply, demand, and logistics) to help understand the why and the how behind attacking Business Waste upfront.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will have the opportunity to partner with others as you set out to tackle perhaps the biggest problem in today’s Supply Chain.
• You’re a changemaker: You influence team members to develop creative solutions when things go off-course, resulting in a different way to execute and prevent Business Waste in today’s Supply Chain.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply chain, Finance, Engineering preferred)
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain or related field preferred
• Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP software a plus
• Preferred candidate will have strong communication skills and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, PowerBI
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills a must for problem solving