Englewood, United States
10 months ago
Assistant Procurement Manager- 3PM Personal Care- Long term contract role.
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position provides strategic and analytical support to the procurement activities for 3rd Party manufacturing operations for the Personal Care category as well as participation in the innovation projects planned to be launched in 3rd party manufacturers.
This includes but is not limited to: execute small, medium and large sourcing activities with a focus on data retrieval and analysis, market research, negotiation and relationship with suppliers, benchmarking activities, manage contracts, work in innovations, savings and improvement initiatives.
Selected individual must collaborate with the various functions throughout Unilever organization, such as R&D, Planning, Finance, Brand and other procurement or supply chain groups in the diverse procurement activities.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
3PM Personal Care Procurement activities:
• Participation in the sourcing and bid process, supplier selection, negotiation of prices, terms and conditions, awards and contract management
• Support and participation on the design of the Procurement Strategies
• Manage and control the contract of the incumbent suppliers
• Relationship with the suppliers (meetings, evaluation, scorecard, Partner to Win)
• Develop improvement projects to delivery savings, cash, cost avoidance and service level improvements
• Participation in innovation projects, representing procurement in the extended team
• Baseline analysis, and understanding of the current cost, prices and total spend
• Special Projects
• Control of the internal KPIs such as VIP, Cash, Cost Avoidance, USQS, etc.
• Ability to work quickly with great accuracy.
• Ability to be self-directed in researching market trends, benchmarking & intelligence.
• Ability to prioritize and escalate issues that may affect key business objectives.
• Negotiation with suppliers and communication skills.
• Understanding of operations and business requirement.
• Working cross-functionally across teams with varying priorities
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas desired: Engineering, Business, Economics, Supply Chain
• At least 3 year of overall work experience including at least 2 years of experience in Supply Chain
• Procurement experience is highly desired
• Clear competence in analytical functions
• Excel and data management proficiency
• Microsoft Office suite, SAP Business
• An ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and levels