Monroe, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Lapping Technician in Newtown, CT
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Execute key phases of semiconductor wafer chuck manufacturing processes, but not limited to, precision lapping, ultrasonic cleaning, and relevant inspection including interferometry. Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions and other documentation
- Ensure equipment is compatible with product specifications
- On-going training of departmental personnel in a variety of technical issues
- Interface with Engineers and with employees from other departments within the Company
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment
- Continuously focus on driving initiatives to eliminate waste
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions
- Follow all applicable Quality systems and initiatives
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience
- 2-year technical degree desirable
- 2-4 years relative experience in high-precision manufacturing environment
- Experience in ultrasonic cleaning, lapping equipment, interferometer equipment, precision measuring equipment, and clean room operations
- Experience in optical lapping
- Experience with precision measurement methods and systems
- Experience with manufacturing process improvement initiatives
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and process procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (spreadsheets, Email, MRP systems)
- Good manual dexterity
- Fine motor skills – able to manipulate small components
- Clean and organized (will work in a clean room environment)
- Patient and conscientious
- Metrology: Skilled in the use of hand and electronic gauging (inspection less than .0001 inches) and other electronic equipment
- Able to get along well with others
- Able to work overtime, as required
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, team based environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Newtown, CT facility
- Ability to frequently lift/push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds
- Able to sit, stand, bend, squat and walk about the facility
- Walking/standing a minimum of 8 hours per day
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Responsible for maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Newtown, CT
Salary: depending on experience
Shift 1st and 3rd Shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.