Windsor, United States
3 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a VTL Machinist 1st shift in East Granby, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with minimal supervision ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gage, height gage, and vernier
- Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- Provide training to others as required.
- 3-5 years of experience machining in an aerospace environment.
- Three (3) or more years of experience setting and operating CNC VTL Machinery
- Needs to be familiar with CNC VTLs, Fanuc and/or Okuma controls and manual turning; ability to run multiple machines and cross train on various operations/equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Willing to learn basic CNC Programming.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing
Shift: Monday - Friday - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: East Granby
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st and 2nd shift openings.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org