Windsor, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Large ID OD Grind Machinist in Windsor, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) 2nd Shift Large ID OD Grind Machinist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform set-ups and operate machine, ensuring part conformance to specifications and requirements with minimal supervision.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments to program and offsets.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blue prints and work instructions/operations sheets.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages and verniers.
- Hold tight tolerances associated with the machining of precision parts.
- 3+ years in aerospace / manufacturing environment desired
- 3+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC Machinery
- VTL and Large ID/OD Grinding experience preferred
- Exceptional mechanical ability and strong mathematical skills.
- Experience working with exotic metals, including Inconel, Rene, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Duration: 6 months temp to hire.
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- Salary: Open
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.