For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Laser Engineering Tech to work for a client in Bethel, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Laser Engineering Tech. your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Our client is experiencing unprecedented growth! Due to this growth, we are in search of a highly skilled Laser Engineering Tech. for our facility in Bethel, CT.
Duties and responsibilities will be to assist in the development and maintenance of products and processes within the laser cutting and laser welding departments.
- Set-up and operate complex laser-cut and laser-welded products on multi-axis laser equipment.
- Assist laser operators with set-up and operation of equipment.
- Troubleshoot product and equipment issues.
- Assist engineering in product, process, and equipment development.
- Assist engineering in creation and maintenance of procedures, work instructions, detailed drawings, visual aids, and schematics of designed fixtures.
- Collaborate with other departments to assure internal and customer specifications and goals are being met.
- Adhere to company procedures/quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications.
- May be assigned other duties to assure the effective operations of the department or organization.
- High School or Technical School education focusing on Engineering or Manufacturing.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing role and/or research and development role.
- Experience in set-up and operation of any type of CNC equipment.
- G-Code/M-Code programming.
- Hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Electronics and electrical safety.
- Versed in application of standard software tools such as Microsoft office.
- Experience working in ISO-9000 or similar environment.
- Ability to read and interpret production work instructions, routers, and specifications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from operators, engineers, and supervisors.
- 2D/3D CAD experience preferred but not required (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.).
- Laser processing experience preferred but not required.
Location: Bethel, CT.
Salary: depending on experience
Shift: 2nd SHIFT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.