Windsor, United States
2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist in Windsor, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC Lathe Machinist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge, and verniers.
- Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- In addition to lathe machining duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as CNC machinist; Aerospace experience preferred.
- Needs to be familiar with CNC lathe, Fanuc and/or Okuma controls and manual turning; ability to run multiple machines and cross train on various operations/equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Good problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Duration: Direct or 6 months temp to hire.
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- Salary: Open
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.