Wallingford, United States
5 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) 2nd shift Production Supervisor day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The successful applicant for the Production Supervisor role will lead a Consumables Manufacturing team to meet company goals related to safety, quality, labor efficiency, continuous improvement, and daily production targets for consumables.
- Direct production team to ensure that daily production goals are met.
- Execute daily quality and delivery requirements as prioritized by Quality management and the Director of Operations.
- Coordinate production support priorities with Scheduling, Engineering, Materials, and Quality
- Be a Stewart for continual ISO Quality Compliance
- Enable good documentation practices and support the ISO Quality System
- Assure production team adherence to all related company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assist in resolving any process-related issues and non-conformances, corrective actions.
- Promote cross-training to mitigate single point failures, and production surge.
- Maintain accurate training records and training matrix.
- Promote the safe and efficient operation of all equipment to achieve quality and conformity of products.
- Display technical and personnel leadership skills; act as a role model, maintain morale and good communication.
- Support inventory management tasks (physical and ERP/business systems) as directed.
- Compile and present recurring metrics to the Director of Operations. (examples include, safety, quality, delivery, continuous improvement)
- Develop a working knowledge of the processes; participate in production and troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities when needed.
- Supervise, track, and approve timecard approvals.
- Excellent communication skills (proficient in English)
- Lead and support company EPIC values
- Working competency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and other analytical software tools.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant Associates degree required.
- 2+ years’ experience supervising a manufacturing team, preferably biotech devices.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing assembly environment, and familiar with workflow.
- Demonstrated training in supervisory skills, additional leadership training is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO13485 and/or regulatory compliance requirements
- Formal continuous improvement training and experience highly desirable (Lean/ Six Sigma)
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 2nd shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.