Job Summary: The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Develops and implements production policies and procedures
- Delegates manufacturing tasks so that the team can meet production targets
- Manages the efforts of manufacturing workers on the production floor
- Communicates expectations to production workers and appraises their performance
- Educates production team members about preferred occupational health and safety practices
- Establishes priorities to ensure manufacturing team works efficiently
- Checks manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure efficient workflow is maintained
- Addresses production problems as they arise
- Organizes for the repair or replacement of faulty production equipment
- Evaluates new production equipment
- Reports on team performance to production manager
- Makes recommendations about ways to improve employee efficiency and reduce costs
- Trains new production workers to perform their duties
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines production employees
- Implements recommended manufacturing cost reduction strategies
- Nurtures cooperation and communication within production team and other departments
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in a production environment.
Primarily clean room environment.