Trumbull, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Accounts Payable Associate in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Accounts Payable Associate your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The accounts payable (“A/P”) associate is responsible for the day to day accounts payable functions including processing and payment of invoices in a fast paced, high volume A/P environment.
- Process, verify and reconcile various types of accounts payable invoices.
- Track vendor invoices to ensure timely payments.
- File open and paid vendor invoices and receivers accurately. Distributes copies of required invoices as needed.
- Review and match open invoices to open receivers and purchase orders.
- Code non-purchase order invoices and obtain proper approvals where necessary for processing.
- Process payments for check run by pulling invoices, printing checks and then attaching backup to printed checks. Verify approvals are in place and appropriate signatures are on the check prior to mailing.
- Responds timely and professionally to vendor and internal inquiries regarding payments.
- Daily balancing of A/P transactions including invoices and checks.
- Review and verify statements received from vendors for accuracy. Research and investigate vendor discrepancies, as well as internal inquiries in a timely manner. This may involve interaction with other departments within the business, as well as outside vendors.
- Review and verify open receivers for items not related to inventory to identify potential accruals.
- On a monthly basis verify all open inventory receivers for goods received not invoiced (GRNI) ensuring vendor has not invoiced the Company.
- Verify and identify invoices that need to be accrued and provide copies as needed to supervisor.
- Assist with month end close
- Account Reconciliation on various general ledger accounts.
- Other duties as designated by management.
- Three to five years Accounts Payable processing experience required. Experience with a manufacturing company dealing with three way matching, inventory and expense items.
- At least an Associate Degree in accounting or related field
- Experience with month end closing procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures to include a good understanding of accruals and prepaid accounts.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to process high volumes of invoices accurately.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Duration: direct hire permanent
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: 1st shifts.
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.