Fairfield, United States
10 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a client in Fairfield, CT.
The Staff Accountant is a highly motivated, cross-functional professional who is responsible for general ledger accounts related to the disbursements cycle including timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices. They are a committed and dedicated team player with good problem-solving skills, a positive attitude and the ability to maintain good vendor and employee relations. The Staff Accountant ideally has experience working with the Oracle NetSuite (AP Module). You’ll have the ability to expand your toolkit to assist with payroll, registering and paying sales tax and supporting closes. This position reports into Controller.
- Owner of Accounts Payable ledger and disbursements cycle responsibilities, ensuring the accuracy of the Accounts Payable aging report with timely resolution of all aging items
- Ensure that charges have been approved by the respective department managers, reaching out to secure approvals if needed
- Apply procurement bills to item receipts and purchase orders, enter all bills and coding to the correct accounts
- Prepare weekly payments (checks, ACH, Wire)
- Setup new vendors
- Maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Assist in preparation of monthly accruals, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and daily review of cash transactions
- Reconcile credit card statements and apply charges to the correct accounts
- Provide expenditure information for weekly reporting
- Support cash flow forecasting and analyses
- Assist with registering and paying sales taxes
- Cross train with accounts receivable and receipts cycle responsibilities.
- Additional projects as required
- Experience with AP in an ERP environment (Oracle NetSuite ERP (AP Module) strongly preferred).
- Must have 3+ years of staff accounting experience, including experience with AP and disbursements cycle processing. Experience with accounts receivable and receipts cycle processing is helpful.
- Strength in financial controls and ability to ensure implementation of controls throughout the organization.
- Experience working in manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of AP best practices and procedures.
- Experience with review and evaluation of process efficiency, in addition to creating process improvements and documentation of accounting workflows.
- Strong analytical and communication skills demonstrated through all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Proven success flagging, solving and escalating problems as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses.
- Exposure to payroll processes and supporting accounting closes.
Location: Fairfield, CT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com