12 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Administrative Assistant- Material Control in Yonkers, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Administrative Assistant- Material Control your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Assists Material Control Department Manager to document, identify, and tract material by means of material control reports and established procedures. Performs data entry and database maintenance in SAP computer system and other computer databases. Generates, tracks, updates, and files various reports such as receiving reports, bill of lading, inventory reports, shortage lists, materials request forms, discrepancy reports and others. Types and prepares official department correspondence.
- Checks and updates material receiving reports against actual receipt of materials. Interfaces with material control shop personnel to verify current material information. Tracks parts numbers and maintains applicable documentation.
- Orders packing materials and supplies. Handles shipment of correspondence, reports, and materials via UPS or Federal Express. Coordinates the application of hazard labels to incoming chemical containers and packages. Handles telephone, reception, filing, and photocopying for department management.
- Must have at minimum, two- (2) year’s administrative experience, preferably in material control, inventory, purchasing or related field.
- Must be computer literate with a high degree of competence in Word and Excel, including Windows applications and a thorough understanding and application of SAP.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have good typing skills
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to work independently
Duration: 6 months Temp to hire
Location: Yonkers, NY
Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Salary: Depending on Experience
Benefits: Full Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision,
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and