Advance Equipment Technician
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking Advance Equipment Technician in San Jose, CA.
As an Advanced Equipment Technician, you will perform preventative maintenance and routine maintenance on equipment, as well as repair any malfunctioning new and existing mid-range equipment. In order to effectively meet these objectives, you will be responsible for planning your work scheduled based on the priorities of your work orders and calendar of routine tasks.
- Perform and document scheduled preventative maintenance on mid-range equipment
- Perform single point calibration of moderate complexity
- Perform moderate repairs to malfunctioning equipment per work orders
- Perform routine inspection of equipment
- Install new and existing equipment
- Routinely operate material handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Provide assistance and training to Equipment Technicians as needed
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Or, Technical or Associate degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience operating material handling equipment is required
- Prior experience with biotechnology equipment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of moderately complex equipment troubleshooting and strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand 6-8+ hours during a shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools
- Ability to work extended hours (evenings/weekends) as needed
- Ability to work outside as needed
- Ability to travel to and work at off-site Bio-Techne locations as needed
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Ability to work effectively with computers and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple different demands
- Strong verbal and communication skills, including the ability to mentor others
(Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical, vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day one!
- We invest in our employees’ financial futures through 401k matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship, promotional opportunities, training and development, internship programs, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off, employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring and belonging.
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to the table.
- Duration: Permanent.
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Benefits: Yes.
- Shift: 1st.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com