US$15 - US$18 per hour
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Job Title: Mechanical Assembler
Location: Ashland, MA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from route sheets, blueprints, verbal instructions, manufacturing engineering, or other engineering specifications, to perform the required operations paying close attention to quality standards in appearance and function.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed
- Assist in the training of other employees as directed by the lead person or supervisor.
- Within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures, use judgment to plan and perform such duties as soldering, mechanical assembly, riveting, hypoting, function testing, calibrating, and inspection.
- Perform minor set-up operations, monitor output, and adjust as necessary.
- May perform other, at times more difficult, assembly duties where only general methods are available.
- Use standard equipment and hand tools such as screwdrivers, hammers, cutter, formers, riveters, test and calibration equipment, hypots, heat guns, wrenches and various other hand tools to perform required operations.
- May use specialized tools or perform more accurate fitting or adjusting on very intricate assemblies.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to the lead person or supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations and safety precautions.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
- Demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, sales orders, and specifications).
- Radiation and Hand Truck Training
- Lift up to 35 lbs.
- Wrist Movement
- Quick motions
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.