Lighthouse Professional Services is seeking an Asset Management Modeling Analyst for an exciting project with our client in the White Plains, NY area. Excellent work environment, competitive pay with full benefits package that includes medical insurance, 401K and more!
The Asset Strategy Modeling Analyst will responsible for developing scenario based models to assess new strategies to maximize the value of this utility companies' Asset Management and Transmission assets. The candidate will be responsible for managing the Benefit Management Framework and its implementation within the organization.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Develop scenario based models that methodically and consistently estimate the value of proposed Asset Strategies such as:
o Realistic sets of assumptions to build multiple scenario, and conduct analyses to test asset strategies that consider financial (Revenue, Costs, Risks, Profitability, etc.) and non-financial (Vision, Mission, Objectives Alignment) impacts under each, and articulate the value useful for decision-making.
o integrated solutions to improve financial performance, and implement the benefits management framework to ID, prioritize, align and track actuals benefits with our ISO 55000 certified Asset Management system.
• Collaborate with enterprise wide teams to validate model assumptions across various financial, and gain buy in.
• Establish a timely process that identifies potential Strategic, Value-Driven or major Capex/Opex investments, coordinates with representatives across appropriate business units, ensures necessary analyses are conducted and effectively communicates recommendations to major stakeholder units and executive leadership, ultimately driving decisions beneficial to the company.
• Determine an effective means of communicating and tracking investment benefits over time and confirming that projects have been realized.
Ability to analyze financial and technical information, including budgets (capital and O&M), investment
• analysis (cost/benefit, ROI, etc.) and life-cycle costs for assets.
• Ability to define functional specs and test plans for model conversion and model enhancements.
• Ability to perform user acceptance testing of modeling changes to ensure reasonability of overall model results.
• Ability to process improvement opportunities and develop robust analytics capabilities for energy analysis.
• Ability to provide Project Management skills, especially the ability to develop and lead project
• Solid understanding of the NYISO energy/capacity/ancillary markets an its various products types is preferred.
• Familiarity of ISO 55000 standards in preferred.
• Solid understand of how utility scaled generation and transmission assets work and its major building components is preferred.
• Ability to simplify and cut through the noise of ambiguity and complexity to get to the point.
• • Solid understanding of NERC/NPCC compliance requirements.
• • Solid understanding of the financial and operational impact of maintenance decisions.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor of Science in a technical or business degree, preferably (4-year degree); an advanced
degree is preferred, but not required.
MBA or Master of Science Degree in Engineering from a school accredited by the ABET preferred.
Minimum of 8 years technical experience and asset management experience, preferably in electric utilities industry.