Elmsford, United States
over 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Maintenance Manager to work for a client in New Brunswick, NJ.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Assistant Maintenance Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to industry leading medical textile rental service provider serving the Healthcare industry for over 90 years. We currently operate eleven processing facilities located in the Tri-State area. Since 1915, we have been privately held, family run business. Our customer base consists of more than 3,500 clients throughout the Northeast, including acute-care facilities, nursing homes, long-term and assisted living facilities, surgi-centers and diagnostic clinics, as well as professional, medical and dental offices.
Responsibilities include providing support to the Maintenance Manager in the following areas:
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment utilizing manuals as well as PC based tools.
- Leads the maintenance team in performing diagnostic troubleshooting on all plant equipment.
- Monitors quality of repairs
- Interprets production reports and their use in improving operations
- Interfaces with production management and line personnel to dine the most effective ways to operate equipment
- Purchases and maintains proper spare parts in inventory that will balance tying up capital with minimizing plant downtime
- Interfaces with boiler chemical suppliers to ensure proper maintenance of boiler
- Identifies building and physical plant repair issues
- Maintains porter schedule to maximize cleaning effectiveness of plant and machinery
- Maintains proper inventory of chemical supplies
- Interfaces with production personnel to allow repairs to be made to minimize impact on production
- Controls energy costs through effective monitoring of machine performance and operation schedules
- Maintains safety programs
- Updates technical publication library (equipment, blueprints, schematics, etc.)
- Process bills promptly, resolves billing issues and informs A/P of billing disputes
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumonic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics and building maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (blueprints, wiring diagrams, manuals, etc.)
- Ability to use basic hand tools properly and safely
- Experience responding in a time-sensitive environment with urgency
- Ability to interface with vendors and purchase parts in an effective manner, including cost-saving pricing and delivery
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing needed to legally operate specific plant machines (boiler license, etc.)
- Understands basic energy utilization principles
*** This position works a 5-day work week which will include at least one weekend day per week ***
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.