We are currently seeking an Assistant Maintenance Manager to work for one of our clients in Lawrence, MA on a direct basis.
This highly visible position requires you to take charge and supervise aspects of the industrial maintenance department, including Maintenance Supervisor, Personnel, Purchasing, Machinery Repair, Preventive Maintenance Systems, etc. Position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment utilizing manuals as well as PC based tools.
- Assists in managing the maintenance team in performing diagnostic troubleshooting on all plant equipment.
- Monitors quality of repairs.
- Interprets production reports and their use in improving operations.
- Interfaces with production management and line personnel to dine the most effective ways to operate equipment.
- Purchases and maintains proper spare parts in inventory that will balance tying up capital with minimizing plant downtime.
- Interfaces with boiler chemical suppliers to ensure proper maintenance of boiler
- Identifies building and physical plant repair issues.
- Maintains porter schedule to maximize cleaning effectiveness of plant and machinery
- Maintains proper inventory of chemical supplies.
- Interfaces with production personnel to allow repairs to be made to minimize impact on production.
- Controls energy costs through effective monitoring of machine performance and operation schedules.
- Maintains safety programs.
- Updates technical publication library (equipment, blueprints, schematics, etc.).
- Process bills promptly, resolves billing issues and informs A/P of billing disputes.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumatic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics and building maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (blueprints, wiring diagrams, manuals, etc.).
- Ability to use basic hand tools properly and safely.
- Experience responding in a time-sensitive environment with urgency.
- Ability to interface with vendors and purchase parts in an effective manner, including cost-saving pricing and delivery.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper licensing needed to legally operate specific plant machines (boiler license, etc.).
- Understands basic energy utilization principles.
- Desire to be very hands on and trains as needed - this is not an office job.
- Training to take place in CT approximately 3 days/week
- 1st shift, 6am – 5pm with some flexibility (5 day work week which will include at least one weekend day per week; Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday)
- Direct hire with benefits (competitive compensation package including health insurance, 401K with employer matching, paid vacation, sick days, etc.)
- Pay range up to $85-90K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.