Enfield, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Automation Technician in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Automation Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Overall, this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and efficient operation of the IMM, automation and auxiliary equipment which support the CPA. Perform duties including the preventative maintenance on assigned equipment, troubleshoot and correct component failures in production, troubleshoot and repair pneumatic components on machines and equipment. Make or recommends improvements to production equipment and systems to avoid future failures. Responsible for ensuring accurate spare parts inventories and keeping error free documentation. Performs training for new and existing employees in all areas of preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of all machines and, support equipment.
- Focus on Quality and integrity of all equipment supporting the production of pipette tips including packaging.
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation processes to improve quality, productivity processes and document / record all issues.
- Thoroughly troubleshoot equipment e.g., PLC, sensor, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulic or electrical to the component level.
- Troubleshoot and perform repair work in a professional manner incl. documentation.
- Have a Professional work ethic which follow the principle: "do it right the first time", professional way of working.
- Daily preventive maintenance on equipment and use of tools such as (e.g., cmms system, infrared camera, etc.)
- Communicate and document results to the shift supervisor and technical manager of all problems. Coordinate job tasks with peers, assist in making personnel decisions regarding workload to prioritize and optimize output.
- Bring up points which need to be optimized with the goal to improve company results. Participate in continuous improvement initiatives regarding production or technical issues to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Assist with the training and development of co-workers.
- Uses Hydra monitor system to track production accurately and to help identify problems.
- Interacts within the department and with outside departments, especially Quality Assurance, Automation and Mold room personnel.
- Support SAT (sight acceptance test) and or FAT (factory acceptance test) when needed.
- Be proactive and take corrective action when and where necessary to achieve results and improve quality.
- Can assist outside service technicians repairing and resolving complex equipment problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Certificate in Electro-mechanical or higher with three to five years' hands-on experience as an automation technician working with sophisticated state-of-the-art automation equipment.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Enfield, CT
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
- Openings: 2 positions open
- Night shift 7pm – 7am
- 12-hour rotating shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.