over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Burr Hand 2nd shift in East Granby, CT. Your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Burr and blend surfaces on aircraft engine parts according to instructions.
- Use appropriate abrasives and air guns required for each part or operation.
- Set-up holding devices such as rotary and hydraulic tables.
- Use carbide drills, emery cratex and flat wheels, PSA discs, buffing and wire sheets and diamond files.
- Operate burr guns of different configurations or buffing machines to bring about dimensions required on operations sheets.
- Prepare first piece and submit along with appropriate documentation to In-Process Inspector.
- Inspect own work using micrometers, calipers, verniers, GO-NOGO gage blocks and pins and visual aids.
- Work from established practices and overhaul manual instructions and procedures to perform a variety of duties to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
- In addition to burr and blend duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- Provide training as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years in aerospace environment.
- Ability to read and interpret manual instructions and operation sheets.
Location: East Granby, CT
Shift: 2nd shift 3-11pm.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!