This role will support the Strategic Supply Management and will be responsible for performing procurement duties/functions to assist the IT Category reviewing and handling upcoming Software Maintenance renewals.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Primary focus is to review upcoming Software Maintenance expiration, determine business needs, propose renewal terms and execute new Agreements/Purchase Orders.
• Ensure all contract documents are in compliance with NYPA, Canal Corporation and New York State guidelines.
• Working with IT Governance and Users the Business Analyst will develop a process and tracking system (in SharePoint, Excel, or Tableau) to list all Software contracts, set up system (SharePoint, excel, tableau) to track subscriptions/renewals.
• Set up a process to start the PO process for software renewals with adequate time for them to be renewed before the expire.
• Launch process and conduct training on process within IT department
• Work with Procurement team to learn their process and create a process to renew the subscriptions before they lapse.
• Attend project meetings, including onsite meetings, as necessary.
• Maintain diligent and thorough record-keeping
Strong knowledge and experience working in Excel, SharePoint or Tableau, some exposure to SAP or Ariba desired but not required
• Microsoft Office/Outlook skills.
• Ability to successfully prioritize work on multiple tasks.
• Good organizational skills with an attention to detail.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to extract, comprehend and analyze data while determining the necessary course of action in an independent, professional and timely manner.
• Exceptional customer service and strong interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to work in a government /utilities, highly regulated environment.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of New York State procurement process is preferred.