Bridgeport, United States
10 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to work for a client in Bridgeport, CT.
The Business Analyst will analyze, design, and enhance both processes and systems to ensure effective completion of business tasks and achievement of company goals. They will use troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address organizational challenges and opportunities. This position is responsible for the preparation/distribution of daily, weekly, and monthly sales and inventory reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for developing, defining, and documenting business requirements that describe the business need and solution scope, and communicate them effectively
- Analyze the business process for inefficiencies and inadequacies
- Make recommendations and approvals for solutions or improvements that can be achieved and attained through new technology or alternative uses of technology.
- Perform Project Management for system/solution implementation
- Implement, monitor, and maintain delivered systems/solutions including:
- Prevent and correct errors and defects
- Provide enhancements or changes
- Partner internally with cross-functional teams, and externally with vendors and consultants
- Schedule and conduct training for new hires in their area or training related to upgrades as needed
- Perform system set-up, configuration, and testing
- Manage, review, and analyze business metrics and reports in Power BI and/or MS Excel:
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Sales Reports
- Inventory Reports
- Marketing Reports
- CLP Tracking (Current sales and CLP rebates)
- Calculate Sales Commission and prepare the Commission Summary Report
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Accounting Responsibilities
- Accrued CLP marketing funds and accrued commission general entries
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Related Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related work experience
Skills and Abilities:
- ERP system knowledge, Sage 100 ERP preferred
- Advanced computer skills to include Power BI, MS Word, and Excel
- Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology
- Ability to analyze and design reports in various applications that are accurate, presentable, and error-free
- Experience in report writing through ODBC, Microsoft Query, and Microsoft Power BI
- Detailed-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of business structure
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to perform calculations including converting common fractions and decimals, calculating gross margin percentage and inventory turnover ratios