- Analyzing requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Soliciting and evaluating proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigating potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Making recommendations to team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiating the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs. Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assuring that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintaining timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from 4-year college/university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.