Devens, United States
about 1 year ago
- Manages inventory of assigned commodities. Forecasts demand using multiple metrics including MRP requirements, finished good forecasts and usage history, makes procurement decisions and executes accordingly.
- Actively pursues cost savings opportunities by seeking out new vendors, alternate products and renegotiating prices, terms, etc.
- Effectively evaluates risk to make sound risk-based decisions and executes when the risks are acceptable.
- Leads resolution of supply interruptions and alerts the impacted end users and/or the planning department of shortages and/or changes that will impact the end user production schedules.
- Responsible for leading all activities regarding disposition and or resolution to material defects, expiry of raw material and issues of supplier nonperformance.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of procurement data in ERP system, including cost, lead time, and min/max inventory levels. Leads improvements in ERP system including the development of reports, alerts and other tools that increase departmental performance.
- Leads and participates in processing internal documentation that impact the purchasing department such as ECO activities, Purchase Specification, Rev Control, first article approvals, NCMR, Supplier Change Notification, Customer Change Notification, Vendor & department related audits/updates to ensure quality and regulatory documentation requirements are met.
- Manages purchase requisition process, including verification of appropriate authorizations, procurement of materials and services, and using sound judgement on when to negotiate and/or propose cost effective alternatives.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors degree in business related field preferred
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and is capable of working cross-functionally with other departments.
- Direct-to-manufacturer, OEM, and custom product purchasing experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, most critically Excel.
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems.