Wallingford, CT, United States
4 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Buyer/Planner in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Buyer Planner your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials for specified product lines within the company according to production schedule.
- Include planning/organizing production requirements to meet specified shipping dates and purchasing materials and other goods such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies.
- Plan production requirements for producing products for short and mid-term periods.
- Plan and schedule building of sub-assemblies and complete units to meet customer ship dates, managing established lead times, sequences, and level/load capacity for products.
- Prepare purchase orders and send to qualified suppliers.
- Manage MO/DO proposals, release, and follow-up. Use ERP to manage action messages and follow-up.
- Follow up on purchases, status of delivery and maintain computerized procurement records as requested.
- Review daily sales to ensure materials (component parts, final assembly, and plating requirements) are available to meet promise dates to customers.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: depending on experience