Newburyport, United States
almost 3 years ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· With guidance from engineering and management, develops layouts, solid models, assembly drawings and detail drawings for new and redesigned products, tooling and machinery.
· Identifies and specifies materials to meet product performance, function and environmental requirements, as required
· Provides finished part, tooling, jigs and fixture drawings to facilitate manufacturing.
· Works with customers and multiple disciplines including sales, engineering, and vendors to create customer material and design solutions.
· May evaluate and adjust customer supplied CAD designs to meet best practices to manufacture products, tooling and equipment.
· Facilitates / makes proof of concept samples for customer approval.
· Performs testing to validate designs and prepare reports when appropriate.
· Provides assistance with project costing and estimating.
· Provides all documents required to transfer products into manufacturing including drawings, spec sheets, updated estimates, item masters, BOM's and maintains master drawing files as needed.
· May need to perform machine programming including Master Cam, CNC Programming and work with Allen Bradley PLC Controls and WaterJet RPT programming.
· Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
· A.S. or BS degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 drawing standard for dimensioning and tolerances with knowledge of AutoCAD Rel. 13 and Solidworks Rel 2014 solid modeling software.
Master Cam, CNC Programming and work with Allen Bradley PLC Controls and Waterjet RPT programming.
· Basic concept of tool design, mechanical design & machine shop practices background a plus.
· Advanced math skills, knowledge of protective packaging design along with knowledge of foams, plastics, and their manufacturing processes a plus.