Chelmsford, United States
about 1 year ago
ZOLL Medical is a growing, innovation-driven company on the forefront of delivering medical devices to save lives, and software solutions to improve efficiency. With customers in more than 140 countries, we continue to expand our reach, as well as our product offerings. Hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), and others trust us to provide high-quality products and exceptional customer service. ZOLL products are used every day across the globe to save the lives of people who suffer sudden cardiac arrest. From Real CPR Help® technology—an industry first—to the world’s only wearable defibrillator, our capabilities and features set us apart. But none of this would be possible without the motivation and dedication of ZOLL employees, and we’re invested in their success.
As the SolidWorks CAD/PDM Administrator on our Resuscitation R&D team, you will focus on maintaining and improving the SolidWorks Engineering Toolkit across multiple sites and product teams. The candidate will be expected to support the installation, upgrade, and deployment of SolidWorks products as well as to create, manage, and train users on SOPs and Best Practice documents. The ideal candidate will also contribute to, and manage, our Mechanical CAD (MCAD) Library of standard parts and components.
- Administer and continuously advance the SolidWorks PDM/CAD environments
- Author technical documentation on SolidWorks PDM/CAD setup, processes, and procedures
- Create SolidWorks PDM/CAD Upgrade Images and deploy them to all users as necessary
- Manage SolidWorks drawing/part templates and sheet formats for engineering teams
- Provide support to Engineering Department Users by giving dependable and timely resolutions to operational issues with SolidWorks PDM/CAD
- Collaborate in research on emerging features in the PDM/CAD platforms and recommend technologies, upgrades, and packages that will improve the Engineering Department, and overall business, experience and use of the applications
- Collaborate with the ZOLL IT Department to ensure systems are meeting stability, performance, and capacity
- Support management activity in preparation of schedule, budget, and project reporting in regards to PDM/CAD VAR agreements, purchases, renewals, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Expertise in SolidWorks PDM and Administration (upgrades, images, workflows, etc.)
- Completion of SolidWorks PDM Administration Training
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD packages including Design and Drawing
- SolidWorks CSWP strongly preferred
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight, i.e. “self-motivated.”
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned work to business needs
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of job related skills.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or Equivalent Experience)
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering and/or PDM/CAD experience
- Working knowledge of drawing creation per ASME Y 14.5 2009.
- Migration of SolidWorks files into a PDM environment.
- Deployment of SolidWorks PDM client and SolidWorks 3D applications to end users.
- SolidWorks Toolbox data management (exporting and importing data)
- SolidWorks part configurations, data tables, property manager.
- Batch file creation and management.
- Ability to model and document “off the shelf” part and drawing files to our MCAD Library as needed
- SolidWorks CSWE a plus