Taunton, United States
over 2 years ago
CAD Technician (Computer-Aided Design)
The 3D CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities group including preparing/updating installation drawings for projects, preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings 3D Assembly Drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, in collaboration with project management.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the application engineer or project manager.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Works with Engineering Manager on all engineering guidelines.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters) for future reference.
- Part modeling and detailing experience using AutoCAD Inventor software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD / Inventor / Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software (required).
- Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least two years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with Creo Parametric software, 3DS Max, and Java script a plus