Trumbull, United States
over 2 years ago
Category Procurement Innovation Analyst
• Represent Procurement as the key interface with select number of suppliers Quality, Service, Resiliency, VIP and strategic activities. Will remain as the Procurement single point of contact for internal business partners and external suppliers as it relates to the aforementioned activities. Responsible for material pricing, project coordination/communication to key internal/external stakeholders and ensure on-time in full. Reports to Category Procurement Operations Manager.
• Leads key Category VIP projects or initiatives to ensure category targets are achieved. Work with the cross functional teams to deliver targets.
• Category single point of contact for Internal Procurement responsible for the communication/coordination of all category led Innovation, VIP, sourcing studies. Communicate brand strategies and category initiatives to the internal supply management team to ensure alignment between Procurement and category initiatives. Leads quarterly update meetings between all groups within Procurement.
• Procurement single point of contact for Internal business partners (R&D (raw/pack), TIMQ, SC Planning, Brand Development, and Finance) responsible for the communication and implementation of supply management sourcing strategies, as well as bring Procurement knowledge and expertise into all innovation, VIP, and sourcing study project teams.
• Develop all cost inputs, capital requirements and recommendations for capacity, as well as responsible for all supplier liabilities into the financial business case and IPM section 6.2 for raw and packaging materials that will be utilized in the Innovation and VIP projects.
• Roles is an interface, operational role requiring strong project management, planning and communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and operate flexibly within very demanding time frames.
• This role is not a traditional “purchasing” role and as such does not require core “source” skills. Incumbent will only participate indirectly in supplier selection process through supplier evaluation input and is not the primary interface between suppliers and innovation and supplier value creation, but acts as a facilitator for commercialization of new technology and cost savings idea.
- Manage the key interfaces related to project execution, such as R&D (raw/pack), TIMQ, SC Planning, Brand Development, Finance, Material and Category Procurement, Global Procurement and external supply base.
- Position oftentimes works directly with WL2 Managers, WL3 Directors, and WL4 VP’s inside and outside of Procurement, therefore the job requires seniority to be able to influence and manage the relationship effectively.
- Leads innovation / commercialization projects as “supply project manager” interacting with Portfolio an 3PM Management, Global Procurement, R&D (raw/pack), TIMQ, SC Planning, Brand Development, Finance and supply base.
- Responsible for material pricing, project coordination/communication to key internal/external stakeholders and ensure on-time in full project delivery to encompass between 30 – 60 innovation project, of which 30+ % could be either global or cross regional in nature.
- Responsible for the communication/coordination of all brand strategies and category initiatives for innovation, VIP, sourcing studies and material benchmarking activities to Internal Procurement to ensure alignment between supply management and the category initiatives.
- Responsible for the communication and implementation of procurement sourcing strategies, as well as bring procurement knowledge and expertise into all innovation, VIP, and sourcing study project teams, which include R&D (raw/pack), TIMQ, SC Planning, Brand Development, and Finance.