Wallingford, United States
3 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Production Manager in Wallingford, CT.
As a Chemical Production Manager your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Based in the plant, the Production Manager Lead production units to ensure safe manufacture and shipment of products, in full compliance with regulatory/corporate standards and in support of business unit initiatives. Also responsible for developing and implementing strategies to provide business units with the most competitive unit costs and service profile for the market(s) served.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner that ensures the safety of plant employees and the community, while also delivering the business plans.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are in compliance with federal, local regulations, site standards and are conducted in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the operating budget and related manufacturing plans aligned with the Business Unit’s strategies.
- Champions QMS, S&OP, TRP/PPP and continuous improvement processes.
- Determines staffing of function in line with operating plans and budgets.
- Involved in managing Union relations.
- Ensure that manufacturing operations meet schedules driven by customer requirements and business needs.
- Must be able to LEAD transformational change of operating organization. This includes installing business process measurement systems, work process improvements, LEAN and cycle time improvement processes, Process Optimization, Yield and energy improvements, workforce engagement/focus, identifying and deploying workforce training programs, developing supervisory leadership.
- Successfully integrate Process Information, Automation and Asset utilization systems into manufacturing work processes and operational discipline.
- Streamline all operational work processes to reduce/eliminate waste at all levels.
- Develop multi-year manufacturing strategy and execution plans for site operations.
- Lead batch production operations in daily activities while ensuring safe, efficient, and cost-effective operations.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with managing operational teams
- Must have a vested interest for chemical processes
- A demonstrated record of excellent people management, change management, strategic thinking, planning and organizing, decision making, risk taking, and communication skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Innovative mindset
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- People Management & Development
- Effective Decision Making
- Change Management Leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic Planning
- Thorough knowledge of chemical processes
- Project Management Ability
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible personality with innovative mind
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemical Engineering or other technical field
- Experience in chemical manufacturing STRONGLY PREFERRED
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Salary Range: $110K - $135K (depending on experience)
- Benefits: Full Benefits
- Shift: 1st
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any reference