Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Clean Line Technician in East Granby, CT. As a (an) Clean Line Technicain your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform Water Jet Strip, and plasma/masking and/or heat treating.
- Chemically clean aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions.
- Work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards.
- Work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity.
- Remove paint and coatings.
- Work from established practices and overhaul manual instructions and procedures to perform a variety of duties to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
- Verify part tags against part numbers upon receipt of parts; review of work scope, manual and SPOP specifications for correct process and solutions; and, selection of proper fixtures for processing.
- Hand clean small parts as required. Request assistance regarding processes or cleaning difficult materials and parts. Use protective gloves, masks, shields, and coats.
- Plan and prioritize work to ensure efficient and timely cleaning of parts. Follow established procedures for processing parts to strip paint, remove rust, carbon, and grease from parts. Maintain knowledge of material reactivity and process requirements. Use judgment in determining quantity of parts for effective and time efficient cleaning.
- Monitor cleaning line equipment on a daily basis: Check pumps, lines, filters, floats, and temperature of solutions. Monitor use of solutions and waste tank storage levels. Follow established procedures and initiate testing and changing tank solutions. Add chemicals to tanks as directed by the quality department. Maintain logs of operations and tank cycles. Maintain inventory of supplies and requisitions tools and materials as required.
- Assist maintenance personnel with changing pumps, cleaning tanks, filters, floats and troubleshooting cleaning equipment. Maintain knowledge of chemical processing and handling of material and cleaning line equipment. Make effective recommendations for improved processes.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- Provide training to others as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years in aerospace environment preferred
- Shift Cleanline 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Direct Hire
- This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.
- Duration: Direct hire.
- Location: East Granby, CT.
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.