US$20 - US$24 per hour
over 2 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Job Title: CNC Machine Operator
Location: Ashland, MA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from drawings, route sheets, CNC programs using required equipment, fixtures, tooling, chucks, collets, etc. necessary to perform required operations.
- Use micrometers, Verniers, dial indicators, comparators and other measuring equipment.
- Set-ups exacting and somewhat difficult may include turning or boring chuck jaws for specific jobs.
- Work on ferrous and non-ferrous metals with close tolerances.
- Down load programs and tools according to run off sheet. Set speeds and feeds and make dry run in presence of qualified set-up person and or Programmer. Program changes made by others.
- Change dull tooling. Sharpen tools as needed. Make necessary tool adjustments to retain required dimensions or finishes. Inspect own work to establish frequency.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly conditions.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Assist with training employees as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed
Basic mathematical skills together with the use of CNC programs, complicated drawings, route sheets, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, and specifications).
Must be able to acquire a powered industrial vehicle certification which includes a written, driving and a medical exam.| High School Diploma| Basic mathematical skills
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.