Cambridge, United States
over 1 year ago
Seeking an experienced and dedicated CNC Machinist to assist our design teams in developing complex electro-mechanical assemblies, provide parts for prototype development and for small quantity production runs, and give guidance in best practices for design for manufacturing.
- Take on projects at the direction of the shop manager, work autonomously and as an integral part of the engineering process to machine and fabricate parts and assemblies according to development timelines and constraints.
- Accurately predict and report machining time for each job and provide feedback to the engineering team on possible design improvements.
- Be creative in solving unique manufacturing challenges of prototype and novel parts and assemblies including custom tooling and fixturing.
- Be able to work simultaneously on more than one machine or project as required.
- Maintain documentation related to the production of parts and assemblies.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment and assist in tracking machine and shop maintenance requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive CNC machining experience on Haas machines, with emphasis on low-volume prototyping and with high-tech, motorsport, or aerospace industry experience a plus.
- Skilled with CAD and CAM software and adaptable to new software and machine advances. MasterCAM Mill and Lathe experience required, Solidworks experience a plus.
- Experience with advanced 3D and high-speed machining required.
- Experience machining a variety of alloys in both steel and aluminum is mandatory; experience with advanced materials such as Titanium is a plus.
- Knowledge of other manufacturing techniques (stamping, forging, rolling, 3D printing) a plus.