Bethel, United States
almost 3 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Set up Machinist in Watsonville, CA. We have two openings one for mills and one for lathes.
- CNC Machinist for Mills
- CNC Machinist for Lathes
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC Set up Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Under the general supervision of the Workshop Supervisor, the Machine Specialist performs essential duties to ensure that parts are machined to the specifications detailed to the engineering prints and other related documents. Candidate may also work closely with the Machine Shop Lead for specific training activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions. Reads complex blueprints, bill of materials, and other specifications to determine product requirements
- Selects fixtures, part holding, and tooling to machine parts as necessary
- Confirms conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
- Identifies workmanship and material defects
- General knowledge of G and M code to initiate program changes when required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Position will require overtime, weekend and holidays, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience with Fanuc CNC controller experience
- Demonstrated ability to set up a machine and run the job with minimal supervision
- Basic math and computing knowledge
- Knowledge of general safety procedures
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to meet production requirements as specified
- Tool sharpening cut off tools and Boring bars
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively with others
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma/GED
· 5+ years of CNC and hand machining knowledge plus manufacturing experience
Location: Watsonville, CA
Salary: $24 per hour
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.